Session [(null externalkey)] not available and is not among the last 1000 terminated sessions.
almightyjoygasm
2014-10-16 15:10:55 UTC
Hi

Im using Selenium Grid. When I run a test against my test site, I will hit
the following error.

*Message = *System.InvalidOperationException : Session [(null externalkey)]
not available and is not among the last 1000 terminated sessions. Active
sessions are[]

*StackTrace = *at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.UnpackAndThrowOnError(Response
errorResponse) at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String
driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters) at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.FindElement(String mechanism, String
value) at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.FindElementByCssSelector(String
cssSelector) at
OpenQA.Selenium.By.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<CssSelector>b__1c(ISearchContext
context) at OpenQA.Selenium.By.FindElement(ISearchContext context) at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.FindElement(By by) at
AutomatedTests.MAP_ClientList.RefCode(IWebDriver driver, String refCode) in
c:\TFSProjects\BlueMoonUKTax\Main\Automated Tests\Automated
Tests\AutomatedTests\TestMaps\MAP_ClientList.cs:line 80 at
AutomatedTests.ClientList.ValidateData(IWebDriver driver, StringBuilder
verificationErrors, D_ClientList classData) in
c:\TFSProjects\BlueMoonUKTax\Main\Automated Tests\Automated
Tests\AutomatedTests\TestFunctions\ClientList.cs:line 151 at
AutomatedTests.ClientList.Validation(IWebDriver driver, String
clientList_NamedRowsValue, StringBuilder verificationErrors, List`1
clientList_DataList) in c:\TFSProjects\BlueMoonUKTax\Main\Automated
Tests\Automated Tests\AutomatedTests\TestFunctions\ClientList.cs:line 108
at AutomatedTests.ReesTest1.ReesTest1_MainTest() in
c:\TFSProjects\BlueMoonUKTax\Main\Automated Tests\Automated
Tests\AutomatedTests\TestScripts\ReesTest1.cs:line 131

The test does not fail immediately, but will navigate around the site and
to different pages before failing.

If I run the same tests without desired capabilities (i.e. not sending to
the grid), the test runs fine.

I have managed to get tests running with desired capabilities before, so
not sure why its failing now.

My Hub set up is batch file as follows:
cd C:\Automated Tests\Selenium
java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.43.1.jar -role hub
-hubhost my.hub..ip.address -port 4445

My Node set up is batch file as follows:
cd c:\Automated Tests\Selenium\
java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.43.1.jar -port 5560 -role node
-nodehost my.node.ip.address -hub
http://my.hub.ip.address:4445/grid/register -browser
"browserName=firefox,version=33.0,maxInstances=2,platform=WINDOWS"
-nodeTimeout 600 -maxSession 10

I would be grateful for any help.

Best regards
AlmightyJoygasm
almightyjoygasm
Krishnan Mahadevan
2014-10-25 02:53:25 UTC
You would need to add a bit more context around the below two statements.

If I run the same tests without desired capabilities (i.e. not sending to
the grid), the test runs fine.

I have managed to get tests running with desired capabilities before, so
not sure why its failing now.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

"All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
or in love with someone else!"
Post by almightyjoygasm
[...]
verificationErrors, D_ClientList classData) in c:\TFSProjects\BlueMoonUKTax\Main\Automated
shree vaze
2015-09-22 10:18:18 UTC
Hello,

This issue may occur sometimes due to stale elements as well. Although the
error message is not relevant but this occurs when you are using old object
references in your script.

Try instantiating new objects of your elements when you close a driver
session.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shrirang
[...]